The basic terms and definitions explained on laws & regulations applicable to an ISKCON institution.
About this Course
ISKCON being a registered society has to deal with laws & regulations applicable in respective countries. Leaders need to be equipped with awareness of the applicable legislations and know-how to deal with the requirements. The course leads studies into former situations (zone specific) involving a variety of legal proceedings & accessing proper professional support & resources in dealing with them.
This course also includes the study of ISKCON laws and implementation of GBC resolutions in local institutes.
- To help participants realize the importance of maintaining strict standards in terms of legal, property and compliance matters of ISKCON entities (history of legal and property issues in ISKCON and especially in their zone)
- To help participants become familiar with basic concepts and terminologies in legal issues
- To help participants understand the legal status of ISKCON: religious/ non-profit etc. in different countries/ states in their zones and the respective implications
- To help participants become familiar with the different stages of development of an ISKCON entity as defined in their zone and the legal ramifications thereof
- To help participants properly understand the steps involved in acquisition, maintenance or sale of a property for ISKCON and being prepared against possible risks
- To help participants become familiar with the help and resources available in ISKCON on legal and property issues
- To help participants understand the various income tax laws applicable on ISKCON entities in their zone and their diligent compliance
- To help participants become proficient in accessing proper professional support & resources for the temple’s legal & property matters